Pages

Sunday 7 April 2013

Metapolis + Field Trip

Metapolis


In Dongtan there is a big monster-mall/theater putting together a bunch of restaurants, clothes and brand stores into 2 - I think there will be a third one, still in construction - huge buildings, with a nice huge parc with benches, trees and a river going through it (in summer). That place is some 8 minutes by foot from the place I am staying it right now and I am really looking forward to walking through it in the summer, when the whole parc will be filled with flowers and the 'river' will actually have water going through it.

As for now, I just walk around, when I have the time. 

I had food poisoning this week most likely because of a cream filled bread gotten from Paris Baguette, the ones that are not actually made in the store. Be careful people, food poisoning is probably one of the most embarrassing and frustrating thing one can have...I am so angry at Paris Baguette now. Damn them and their lack of care for the cream they use in their bread.

Anyways, there is no joog (Korean rice porridge) restaurant around my place, so I had to walk to Metapolis on Thursday to get some. Luckily, it was a wonderful day (or, I swear, in my state, I would not have bothered to go out to get food at all...) out and I enjoyed every minute of my walk in the warm sun. 





In one of the two mall buildings... trying not to look in the stores....


Little outside garden area on the top of the 4th floor.... ok. not so little.



Still on the roof. The half circle at the bottom is actually a big
full circle 5 floors-big through which a sort of indoor walkway
crosses between the two malls, linking the restaurant part with
the CGV (movie theater) of the facing building....
The white flock of stairs on the right is on the side
of the big circleI mentioned in the previous picture...
Another angle....


SPRING! Spring is there at last~ Flowers are starting to bloom.
How I love those trees that have flowers blooming before leaves
show up :  )

NGLOW First Outing


This Friday was my first "field trip" with the NGLOWKids. We went to see the Korean kid version of "Cats" in a huge theater. All the kids wore their school uniforms (they usually only have to wear them on Mondays) and we rode in the pretty NGLOWBus ~ <3 


 We don't have that many kids in the school so it's easier to manage and it was a really fun trip. The kids loved it and they got the opportunity to run around in the warm sun (25 degrees). Eileen, the principal of the Dongtan branch of NGLOWKids, had brought stuff to blow soap bubbles, and the kids of all ages went crazy trying to catch them (good thing that at the end of the musical they actually blew bubbles on the audience - that made a "follow-up" to the whole thing since we were sitting at the back and our kids didn't get to catch them at the time).





Kids going crazy. Isn't Liam, the kid with the hair tied up, adorable????



0 comments:

Post a Comment